Saturday, December 31, 2011

The New Year's Food Budget 2012...can it be achieved?!

3 days ago started the 2012 new years budget as I begin paying bills marked due by 2012 and purchased food for the up coming week. I gave myself the budget of $50 to feed my family of 5 for the week. So far for week number one I have managed to do this. I also gave myself a budget of $30 instead of about $100 for the family new years celebration and yes I managed to hold up to that too and did I cut corners?... why yes I did but honestly no one even noticed the menu was down sized to fewer choices but bigger proportions.

The menu for the celebration is.
English muffin pizzas
mini cupcake pan quiches (broc and cheddar and spinach and swiss.)
pig in a blanket
and over loaded potato skins.
For a fancy punch for the kids is fruit juice with ginger ale to make it bubble

Our weekly menu for meals is ...

Breakfast -
pancakes with fresh fruit,
oatmeal with fresh fruit,
eggs and toast
yogurt with granola and fruit
homemade bagels with homemade jam and peanut butter
milk or OJ

Lunches-
 left overs
 ham or bologna sandwiches with cheese.
soup and salad
 homemade cookies or rice krispie treats
 fresh fruit
carrot and celery sticks
drinks.

Dinner -
Monday- roasted chicken. mash potatoes and carrots
Tuesday - Chicken and Broc Alfredo.  (using some of the left over chicken) and a salad and bread
Wednesday - Meat loaf, peas, mash potatoes
Thursday - Over stuffed, double baked potatoes with broc. cauliflower, cheddar cheese, chicken from the roasted one and bacon. and salad
Friday - Scrap pizza with bread sticks.

Dessert

pudding and jello

I hope it all works out well this will free up on the avgerage of $100 a week to place towards othe debt.

Happy News Years Everyone and please Be Safe!

No comments: