Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Alfalfa, Avocado and Orange Sandwich...using my sprouts I sprouted myself.


I am growing all kinds of sprouts here at Lil' Acorn and now that I have them how will I prepare them. For lunch this is what we are having today...

Alfalfa, Avocado and Orange Sandwich


This will make 4 servings


Ingredients.

8 (1 ounce) sliceswhole-wheat bread

1 largenavel orange, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices

2 largeavocados - peeled, pitted, and sliced

1 1 1/2 cups of fresh sprouts from your kitchen, home grown or (5 ounce) packagealfalfa sprouts

 teaspoonsbalsamic vinaigrette


Directions
  1. Arrange four of the bread slices on a flat surface; top each slice with two slices of orange, even amounts of avocado slices, and even amounts of sprouts. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinaigrette. Top each with remaining bread slices and serve.

  • PREP 10 mins
  • READY IN 10 mins

No comments: