Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Monday Sept 24, 2012

It's a chilly fall day here on Little Acorn.  I just found 11 gallon Ziplock bags real cheap full of fabric Yoyo's. I have decided to make a  quilt out of them. So follow along as I post pic's.

I also found 3 yard of really thick colonial vintage fabric in fall colors for $1 and i Have decided to make 1 or 2 aprons with it. I will see  how far the patterns go with the fabric.

This weekend we went apple picking and so that means I will be spending quit a bit of time making and canning apple sauce and apple butter for our family pantry. I am also dabbling and trying my hand on selling a few things on E-bay and Etsy. Not sure what to think of it and not expecting much from it.

Today's chores have been going well by 11;30 I was on my 3rd load and hung on the line, 12 hedge bushes weeded around, went to the thrift store, hung 2 decorations in the chicken coop, emptied 2 boxes of goodies from my mother and started a batch of apple butter.

Well I was able to get 12 pints of apple butter! I think that will be good for now. Started working on apple sauce.

Well it's 8:30 and calling it a night with this head cold. 11 jars of applesauce to add to the apple butter and I still have more apple to go!

No comments: